By Hendrik W. Dey
Read or Download The Aurelian Wall and the Refashioning of Imperial Rome, AD 271–855 PDF
Best archaeology books
While the Maya kings of Tikal devoted their first carved monuments within the 3rd century A. D. , inaugurating the vintage interval of Maya historical past that lasted for 6 centuries and observed the increase of such well-known towns as Palenque, Copan and Yaxchilan, Maya civilization was once already approximately a millennium previous.
This ebook provides a established account of Egypt's transition from Ptolemaic to Roman rule by way of picking out key relationships among ecology, land tenure, taxation, management and politics. It introduces theoretical views from the social sciences and matters them to empirical scrutiny utilizing facts from Greek and Demotic papyri in addition to comparative proof.
Essentially the most obvious expressions of human tradition are illustrated architecturally. Unfortunately for archaeologists, the structure being studied isn't really constantly seen and has to be inferred from soil inconsistencies or charred remains. This examine offers with study into approximately a millennium of local American structure within the Southeast and contains examine at the version of development concepts hired either above and less than floor.
Ultimate file of a key set of archaeological surveys in a formerly unstudied region of japanese Iran via one of many pioneer archaeologists of this region.
- The Paleobiology of Australopithecus (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology)
- An Archaeology of Ancash: Stones, Ruins and Communities in Andean Peru
- Archaeology from Historical Aerial and Satellite Archives
- Der Severusbogen im Kontext der Kaiserlichen Propaganda. Funktion, Repräsentation und Programmatik (German Edition)
- An Archaeology of Prehistoric Bodies and Embodied Identities in the Eastern Mediterranean
Additional resources for The Aurelian Wall and the Refashioning of Imperial Rome, AD 271–855