By David Waldstreicher
A spouse to John Adams and John Quincy Adams offers a set of unique historiographic essays contributed via major historians that conceal various elements of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity similar to John Adams’ function within the past due 18th-century loss of life of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read Online or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
Few Southern towns have better claims to repute than citadel Lauderdale. As one of many nice holiday locations in the United States, through the years it attracted such celebrities as Bob wish, Jayne Mansfield, Johnny Carson, Cary furnish, and the worldchampion big apple Yankees. This seashore townâ€™s heritage is starstudded and wealthy with fascinating tales and images from that interval.
Grasp historian Edwin P. Hoyt depicts with picture and gripping element the clash among innovative Texas and the Mexican govt decided to rule. within the first paperback version of a hugely acclaimed heritage, Hoyt describes the well known ancient evidence of the revolution, the pivotal siege of the Alamo, and the decisive aftermath, and fills them with new lifestyles.
On July eight, 1860, fireplace destroyed the total company part of Dallas, Texas. At concerning the similar time, different fires broken cities close to Dallas. Early experiences indicated that spontaneous combustion was once the reason for the blazes, yet 4 days later, Charles Pryor, editor of the Dallas usher in, wrote letters to editors of pro-Democratic newspapers, alleging that the fires have been the results of an enormous abolitionist conspiracy, the aim of which was once to devastate northern Texas and loose the region's slaves.
The chronicle of a Union soldier’s seven months in captivityBesides the dangers of dying or wounding in strive against, the common Civil struggle soldier confronted the consistent chance of being captured via the enemy. it truly is expected that one out of each seven squaddies was once taken captive—more than 194,000 of them from Union regiments—and held in legal camps notorious for breeding affliction and loss of life.
- Unending Passions - The Knox Letters
- South Shore, Rhode Island (Images of America)
- Twelve Inventions Which Changed America: The Influence of Technology on American Culture
- Around Burnt Hills (Images of America)
- Hot Springs, Arkansas (Images of America)
- Berrien County (Postcard History Series)
Extra resources for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)